1. GENERAL REGULATIONS
1. The key document regulating the rules of electronic travel documents (tickets) (hereinafter referred to as the ETD) for trains with unnumbered seats (hereinafter referred to as the Rules) is the Rules for the Carriage of Passengers, Luggage, and Cargo Luggage by Rail approved by Decree No. 609 of Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus dated 17 July 2015.
2. The Rules specify the procedure for registration and return of ETD, boarding and traveling on train.
3. The Rules are brought to the attention of passengers through an information and functional resource in the global computer network Internet, as well as when purchasing of ETD on the websites. In the absence of the user's agreement to all the following conditions, the registration procedure is not carried out.
2. BOOKING THE TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ON THE WEBSITE
4. Before placing an order for the purchase of an ETD, the passengers have to authenticate themselves on the website or register. You should memorize your personal password to be able to check up any information about your orders.
5. When booking the ETD the details of the journey and the personal data of each passenger must be entered in the relevant fields.
6. ETD, in case there are vacant places, can be purchased within 20-60 days starting at 08:00 a.m. Making the order on the day of the train’s departure can be accomplished:
on international trains and direct carriages in international traffic no later than 65 minutes before the departure of the train from the passenger boarding station;
on regional business class trains, interregional trains and direct carriages running within the Republic of Belarus 15 minutes before the departure of the train from the passenger boarding station.
7. On the website, passenger can order the following types of tickets: standard fare, reduced fare for children and free of charge for children under 5 years of age with no occupying a seat.
8. No more than 4 travel documents (tickets) showing the personal data of 4 passengers can be issued on one order.
9. In case of absence of electronic registration (hereinafter referred to as the ER), we strongly recommend, to issue the ticket on the form with special protection (hereinafter referred to as FSP) at a ticket office of the Belarusian Railway. The tickets for trip in both directions to and from that have been paid must be and can be obtained only on the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
3. ELECTRONIC TRAVEL DOCUMENT (TICKET) PARTICULARS
10. The seats and berths in the different types of carriages must be booked as different orders, specifying the male and female places in the compartment and sleeping carriages; only one option - male, female or mixed - may be specified within one order.
11. The user should be careful when filling in the details of all the passengers on the order. Make sure that the information you entered is correct before proceeding to payment.
12. The passenger’s personal data must correspond to the data specified in the identification document, military ID, driver’s license, or any other formal ID with your photograph.
If the personal data in the document are printed in two languages (Russian and Latin), information in the order is entered in Russian. In case of finding mistakes in the personal data of passengers or requisites of their identification documents, you must enter the correct information before the payment.
13. The user making the order bears full responsibility for entering the correct travel details and personal data of each passenger.
4. ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION
14. Electronic registration for the train is represented by the passenger's consent to travel by train under a carriage contract confirmed by an ETD without issuing a travel document (ticket) on the form with special protection at a ticket office.
15. Trains in which electronic registration service operates, in the reference information, have the sign of ER.
16. ER is performed in the following cases:
16.1. if ER sign is available;
16.2. at any other time in the personal account:
on regional business class trains, interregional trains and direct carriages running within the Republic of Belarus 15 minutes before the departure of the train from the passenger boarding station;
on international trains and direct carriages in international traffic no later than 60 minutes before the departure of the train from the passenger boarding station.
17. The status of electronic registration will be assigned to the electronic ticket after it has been paid.
18. Cancellation of the ER service (refusal) is carried out:
on the website in the personal account;
by obtaining a FSP at the ticket office of the Belarusian Railway.
The time limit within which you can cancel your ER is specified on the electronic ticket form.
19. If you have cancelled the ER service by receiving a travel document at the ticket office, you must present it when boarding the train.
20. When the ER is available for the trains servicing international routes, the travel documents (tickets) may be obtained in the ticket offices not later than 1 hour before the train departs from the starting point of the route.
21. A passenger travelling through the territory of the Republic of Belarus that has paid two and more (up to four) tickets on his/her name can travel alone or with the persons whose personal data are not specified in the ETD.
22. A passenger travelling on an international-service train that has paid two and more (up to four) tickets on his/her name can travel only alone.
23. We do not recommend electronic registration in cases when the formal paper ticket is to be presented as a reporting or record keeping document (e.g. for mission report, business trip report and the like), for the order form is not a legal document for accounting departments. You will have to get the ticket at the ticket office of the Belarusian Railway (not later than 1 hour before the train’s departure from the initial station of the train’s route).
5. ORDER PAYMENT
24. Payment is performed after checking and confirming the order. 20 minutes are given to make a decision on payment for the order. In case of exceeding the specified time, the order is cancelled.
25. If due to some reasons you did not receive a number of the order or a confirmation of the successful order generation, before trying to make a new order, please check your Personal account and make sure that the order was not generated.
26. Payment of the order for buying electronic tickets is performed with the help of plastic bank cards:
via the Internet Banking system of JSC ASB Belarusbank;
via the payment system Raschet (an automated information system of a single settlement and information space AIS ERIP) in the Internet banking of your bank, using electronic money systems;
with the help of bank cards МИР, Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro of the international payment systems Visa International, MasterCard World Wide;
with the help of bank cards BELCART issued by Belarusbank and BELCART-INTERNET cards issued by other issuing banks of the Republic of Belarus.
with the help of Apple Pay and Samsung Pay payment systems.
27. For questions related to making payments in the Raschet system, contact the Call Center of the Raschet system, phone: 141, email@example.com.
28. For any details on the online payments using your bank card, or to get to know the reasons why your payment has been rejected, please contact your bank’s support service.
29. The security of the payment procedure is ensured by the traffic-security IP-protocols.
30. Payment by a bank card is made after the order is verified and confirmed by redirecting you to the payment gateway.
31. When paying for the order, please, enter the following bank card details: card’s number, its expiration date, the cardholder’s first and last names, three-symbol validation code (CVV2 or CVC2) printed on the backside of the card, and the name of the card-issuing bank. For any details on the online payments using your bank card, or to get to know the reasons why your payment has been rejected, please contact your bank’s support service in the first place.
32. In accordance with the requirements of international payment systems in order to enhance security of the payment procedures, the 3D Secure/SecureCode technology (special safety technology for Internet payments) is applied. If your bank does not have the appropriate certificate required to use this technology, you may not be able to make your payment.
33. When conducting payment via the website, the Internet Password BELCARD* technology can be applied. If your payment is rejected, please contact customer support of the bank that issued your card.
The technology of Internet Password BELCARD is a technology developed by the BELCARD payment system to provide an additional security for Internet payments when a cardholder of this payment system must confirm his/her identity with a secret password for each payment session.
34. In accordance with the requirements of 3D Secure/Secure Code technology, when processing payment for the order, the Issuing Bank may require the Cardholder to undergo additional identification. The need for and the method of the additional identification are determined by the Issuing Bank at its own discretion. To get more information on the identification procedure the Card Holders should contact the customer support of the bank that issued their card.
35. For more information, contact the technical support department of the Company of Electronic Payments ASSIST firstname.lastname@example.org.
36. For more information about Apple Pay and Samsung Pay payment systems, contact the technical support departments of these systems.
37. Reasons for turning the payment down are as follows:
not enough money on the card
bank that has issued your card has prohibited payments via the Internet (some banks do that);
for your card, the technology Visa 3DSecure or MasterCard SecureCode is allowed, but it is not activated or you have entered the wrong identification code;
the data you have entered cannot be confirmed on the payment page (data format error or the like);
the fraud monitoring system has denied your operation because of the possible fraud suspicion.
38. Service One click allows users that have made three or more successful payments for tickets with their bank cards to accomplish new purchases by confirming the payment with their CVC2 (CVV) code with no need to enter their cards’ details.
39. Such a simplified procedure of payment does not inflict the security level of these transactions – service One Click is certified and complies the PCI DSS security standards and completely conforms to the requirement of the VISA and MasterCard payment systems, as well as the BELCARD national payment system.
40. After payment of the ETD, an ETD form is generated, which indicates the number of the order (14 digits) and the ETD number (14 digits). In case there is one ticket in the order, the order number and the ETD number are the same. In case the order is made for 2-4 passengers, the order number and the ETD number coincide for the first passenger in the order.
6. OBTAINING TICKETS
41. Issuing of the ETD is carried out only on the territory of the Republic of Belarus at the ticket office of the Belarusian Railway equipped with the Express system terminal.
42. Issuing of the ETD is made based on the electronic ticket form or number (14 digits) of the order (ticket) to the person with a document certifying his/her identity.
43. A passenger can obtain a travel document (ticket) on the form with special protection for all the ETD listed in his/her order by the order’s number or specific tickets from the order by the numbers of electronic tickets.
44. You should log in your personal account using your username and your password and find the relevant order. Print it out when needed. The ETD form is not a ticket and does not give the right of passage.
45. The Resolution of the Ministry of Antimonopoly Regulation and Trade of the Republic of Belarus has established the tariffs for services for issuing ETD on the FSP at the ticket offices.
46. The passengers’ personal data may not be changed while obtaining the FSP in the ticket office.
47. You cannot replace or rearrange the ETD ordered and paid via the website.
48. Issuing ETD at a ticket office finishes 15 minutes before the respective train’s departure. Printing of the ETD on the FSP is possible within 1 month after the trip at a ticket office of the Belarusian Railway.
49. No travel documents (tickets) may be booked and returned via the website when the Express system is down for the routine maintenance (between 2:30 and 4:00).
7. BOOKING PLACES FOR CHILDREN
50. A passenger has the right to take along children not older than 5 years of age with children's tickets without paying the fare if they do not occupy a separate seat. In this case, free-of-charge (nonmonetary) tickets are issued with no seat provided (along with the payment for a regular ticket for adults when making an order). Such tickets can also be issued at a ticket office of the Belarusian Railway while collecting the tickets paid by the passenger, in this case there is no need to mention children younger than 5 years of age in the order.
51. For a child under 5 years of age, at passenger’s request, a reduced-fare ticket may be purchased. For children of 5 through 10 years of age, a reduced –fare ticket providing for a seat must be purchased and paid. For children of over 10 years of age, regular tickets are purchased.
52. The age of a child is determined on the day of their travel’s commencement.
8. BOARDING THE TRAIN
53. Under the contract of carriage, the carrier undertakes to transport the passenger to the point of destination and provide him/her with a seat/berth on the train. The conclusion of the contract of carriage of a passenger is confirmed by buying a ticket.
54. Boarding the trains of interregional lines, regional business-class lines, international trains and direct carriages in international traffic is carried out upon presentation of identification document.
55. Boarding the international-service train is carried out upon presentation of identification document on the basis of which the ETD was formed.
56. If the name of the passenger or the number of the identity document does not correspond to the surname or number specified in the ETD, the passenger is not allowed to board the train.
57. If a passenger obtained a travel document (ticket) on the FSP at a ticket office of the Belarusian Railway equipped with the Express system terminal, then:
a passenger travelling on an international-service train when boarding the train must present a duly executed ticket and an identification document specified in his/her order;
a passenger travelling though the territory of the Republic of Belarus when boarding a train must present a duly executed ticket.
9. RETURNING THE TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND OBTAINING REFUNDS
58. When returning the ETD registered for travel through the territory of the BR on a train formed by the Belarusian Railway a passenger has the right:
not later than 15 hours prior to the train’s departure to get back the cost of the travel, including the prices of the ticket and reserved seat ticket;
less than 15 hours, but not later than 4 hours prior to the train’s departure to get back the ticket price and 50 % of the reserved seat ticket price;
less than 4 hours prior to the train’s departure and within 3 hours after its departure to get back the cost of the ticket. The price of the reserved seat ticket in this case is not returned.
59. When returning the ETD registered for an international-service train, as well as for the passage on cars of other CIS States, the Latvian Republic, the Lithuanian Republic and the Estonian Republic, a passenger has the right:
not later than 24 hours before the train’s departure to get back the cost of the travel, including the price of the ticket and reserved seat ticket;
less than 24 hours, but not later than 6 hours before the train’s departure to get back the ticket price and 50 % of the reserved seat ticket price;
less than 6 hours before the train’s departure, but no later than 3 hours after its departure to get back the cost of the ticket. The cost of the reserved seat ticket in this case is not returned.
60. The ETD is to be returned pursuant to the following procedure:
on the websites go to your personal account, in the section Orders and in the subsection Valid select the order to be returned ;
The ETD is returned upon the passenger’s presentation at the ticket office of a 14-digit order number.
61. Return period of the ETD is the period of return registration at the ticket office or on the website.
62. If the passenger wishes to cancel any further part of the travel, the attendant of the car which such passenger boarded stamp the ETD with a mark confirming termination of the travel by the passenger, then within 3 hours after the arrival of the train which the passenger boarded the ticket offices may cancel the seats/berths under an e-ticket control coupon bearing a mark of suspension of the travel.
63. The carrier charges the passenger a fee (the rate is set by the Ministry of Antimonopoly Regulation and Trade of the Republic of Belarus) for processing the refund of the ETD.
64. The cost of services (including bed linen) is refunded in full.
65. The ETD paid with the help of ASSIST system and Internet Banking system of JSC ASB Belarusbank can be returned on the website.
66. Refund of the orders paid with the help of the payment system Raschet (AIS ERIP) is made only at the ticket office of the Belarusian Railway.
67. The user that returns the ETD on the website acts on behalf of all of the passengers indicated in the order, thus these passengers are considered to be informed of the travel cancelation. You can return the entire order as well as one of the electronic tickets specified in the order.
68. After you have obtained a travel document (ticket) on the form with special protection at a ticket office, no return of the electronic ticket on the website is possible.
69. You can return the entire order with electronic tickets indicated in the order, except the electronic tickets that have been converted into a travel document (ticket) on the form with special protection and obtained at the ticket office.
70. If you have not used the ER service, then the return of an electronic ticket can be accomplished:
at a ticket office, not later than 1 hour before the train’s (car’s) departure from the initial station of the train’s itinerary;
on the website on regional business class trains, interregional trains – at any time prior to the train’s departure from the passenger’s boarding station (time is specified on the ETD).
71. The ETD with ER is to be returned:
72.1. at a ticket office:
on trains running within the Republic of Belarus can be accomplished not later than 1 hour after the train’s departure from the initial station of its itinerary;
on trains running in international traffic can be accomplished not later than 1 hour before the train’s departure from the initial station of its itinerary.
72.2. on the website:
at any time prior to the train’s departure from the passenger’s boarding station;
not later than 1 hour before the train’s (car’s) departure from the initial station of the train’s itinerary.
72. The settlement of any claims related to refunding of returned electronic tickets to a card account should be processed by the bank that issued your card.
73. The ETD is returned upon the passenger’s presentation at the ticket office equipped with the Express system terminal of the order number or number of the ETD.
74. In case the passenger received the travel document (ticket) on a FSP, the return is made at the ticket office upon presentation by the passenger of this form.
75. To get a refund the passenger should contact the ticket office and present a supporting document form confirming that the booking of the seats/berths was cancelled in the other country.
76. Refund of the ETD registered via the website at the ticket office equipped with a POS terminal is redirected only to a bank card account.
77. The refund of the electronic ticket is directed to the passenger’s card account within the period established by the payment system rules (7 through 30 calendar days from the moment of the return via the Personal account, or 3-5 workdays - from the moment of return at a ticket office).
If there are any questions about the refund of the money for the returned electronic ticket, you should contact the bank that issued your card.
78. Prior to returning the electronic tickets with electronic registration, you should cancel the electronic registration in your Personal account, to rule out possible limits on the timing of refunds at the ticket office.
10. STORAGE OF ORDERS IN PERSONAL ACCOUNT
79. The used and returned orders are stored in the personal account within 12 months of the trip. Further, orders are moved to an archive that is not available to users.