In accordance with the Rules for Carriage of Passengers, Luggage and Cargo-Luggage by Public Railway approved by the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus dated July 17, 2015 No. 609:
74. In returning an unused travel document (ticket) for a train with numbered seats, a passenger has the right to receive the total travel cost (the ticket cost and the cost of a reserved seat), service fee (if any) and other payments in the following cases:
- failure to provide a passenger with a seat in the train under the purchased travel document (ticket) and the passenger's disagreement to use another seat;
- cancellation of the train indicated in the travel document (ticket);
- delay in the departure of the train indicated in the travel document (ticket) by more than one hour from the passenger's boarding station;
- a passenger's delay at the point of transfer to an agreed train with numbered seats due to the fault of the carrier (trains are considered agreed taking into account the difference of at least one hour between the passenger’s arrival at the station and his/her departure from the station). The payment for issuing a return of a travel document (ticket) in these cases is not charged.
In case of cancellation of the trip for reasons beyond the control of the carrier and presentation of an unused travel document (ticket) to the ticket office for trains with numbered seats, with the exception of group travel documents (tickets), the following costs are refunded:
- the travel cost, including the cost of a ticket and the cost of a reserved seat, if the travel document (ticket) is presented at least 15 hours before the departure of the train;
- the cost of a ticket and 50 percent of the cost of a reserved seat if a travel document (ticket) is presented less than 15 hours, but at least 4 hours before the train departure;
- the ticket cost, if a travel document (ticket) is presented less than 4 hours before the train departure and within one hour after the train departure, without paying the cost of a reserved seat.
In case of refusal of a trip in transit of trains with numbered seats, a passenger is refunded the ticket cost for the distance not passed.
In returning unused travel documents (tickets) issued for high-quality cars, the cost of services (if any) is refunded to a passenger in full.
In case a passenger's delay for more than one hour at the point of transfer to an agreed train due to the fault of the carrier, a passenger has the right to receive the total travel cost.
83. For issuing a refund of payments for unused or partially unused travel documents (tickets), including commutation tickets, the carrier collects a fee established in accordance with the legislation, unless otherwise provided by these Rules. The fee for issuing and booking travel documents (tickets) to a passenger is not refunded, with the exception of cases specified in Clause 74 Part 1 of these Rules.
According to Clause 5.1. Instructions for issuing travel documents (tickets) and transportation documents in payment by payment cards in ticket offices of Belarusian Railway and via the Internet:
Refunds to passengers for unused travel documents paid for by bank payment cards, in a ticket office equipped with POS terminals shall be carried out on the bank payment cards. In case of:
- absence of a POS terminal;
- issuing of travel documents in international traffic;
- simultaneous return and issuance of a new travel document along the same route;
- re-issuance of travel documents
Refunds may be made in cash.
If a passenger does not have a bank payment card, the refund of the amounts paid shall be made in the following order:
- a ticket cashier shall make a mark on the return of seats;
- an unused travel document shall be returned to the passenger and a supporting document (the AMS Express) shall be issued.
- the refund to the passenger's bank payment card is carried out within 6 months, upon presentation of the original travel document and a supporting document confirming the return of seats to the ticket office.
The tariff charged for booking of seats and issuance of travel documents (tickets) shall not be refundable. An established fee shall be charged for a refund procedure for unused travel documents.
In all cases of refund of the travel cost for unused travel documents (tickets), documents to be taken.