In accordance with Clauses 2, 33-35 and 82 of the Rules for Carriage of Passengers, Luggage and Cargo-Luggage by Public Railway approved by the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus dated July 17, 2015 No. 609:
- A Commutation Ticket is a travel document (ticket) for multiple travels of a passenger by trains with unnumbered seats, i.e. by city trains and by regional economy class trains for a specified period of validity.
- For traveling by regional economy class trains, the following types of commutation tickets can be issued: “To Bearer”, “Business Day”, “Individual Special Rate”, “Weekend”.
A commutation ticket for regional economy class trains provides the right to travel between the stations and (or) stopping points indicated in it during its validity period without limiting the number of trips.
“Business Day”, Individual Special Rate”, “Weekend” Commutation Tickets are issued with a validity period of one, two, three, four, five, six, twelve months. A "To Bearer" Commutation Ticket is issued with a validity period of one, two, three, four, five, six, twelve months or ten calendar days (a decade ticket).
An "Individual Special Rate” Commutation Ticket is issued to persons who are granted a privilege by law for traveling by regional economy class trains for the period of the privilege, but not less than one month. An "Individual Special Rate” Commutation Ticket is issued upon presentation of a document confirming the right to a privilege. In traveling under such a Commutation Ticket, the original document confirming the right to a privilege shall be presented.
Under a “Business Day” Commutation Ticket you can travel from Monday to Friday. In case of transferring a business day to a weekend falling on Saturday in accordance with the procedure established by law, a passenger can use the indicated ticket on this business day (Saturday), but can't use on a bussiness day which is declared to be a rest day.
Under a "Weekend" Commutation Ticket you can travel on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, a day before holiday and holiday.
- To travel by city trains, a "City Lines" Commutation Ticket is issued.
Under a "City Lines" Commutation Ticket you can travel between the stations of the tariff zone indicated in it, by city trains during its validity period, as well as by regional economy class trains within the tariff zone.
A "City Lines" Commutation Ticket is issued with a validity period of one, two, three, four, five, six, twelve months and ten calendar days (a decade ticket).
- Issuing commutation tickets can be done in advance, but no more than thirty days before the start of their validity.
The validity of commutation tickets, with the exception of decade tickets, is calculated from the date of their beginning and ends on the same date (exclusively) of the corresponding month and year.
- Refunds for commutation tickets are carried out by the carrier upon written request of the bearer of the commutation ticket. The amount to be refunded under a commutation ticket is determined by dividing the cost of the commutation ticket by the number of days of its validity and multiplying by the actual number of days remaining before the expiration of this ticket from the date of its return. In returning a commutation ticket before the start of its validity period, its full cost is returned.
- The cost of commutation tickets for the carriage of passengers by public city trains and regional economy class trains is determined in accordance with Chapter 5 of the Instruction on The Procedure for Establishing and Applying Tariffs for The Carriage of Passengers, Luggage and Cargo-Luggage by Public City, Regional and Interregional Trains approved by the Resolution of the Ministry of Antimonopoly Regulation and Trade of the Republic of Belarus dated 03.12.2020 № 82.